Sunday, February 17, 2008

~ HaPPy BiRthDaY GrAnDPa ~

Yummy~ It's my grandpa's birthday cake from secret recipe!

my grandpa and his birthday cake.....Happy Birthday,Grandpa!!


There're 9 big candles which means it's my grandpa's 90 years old birthday!


haha....my aunt was helping my grandpa to blow off the candle


Wooow.....finally is time for my grandpa to cut his lovely birthday cake!


Happy birthday to you; happy birthday to you; happy birthday to ah gong; happy birthday to you! Yahoo! Ah gong, ‘hok ju dang hai, siu bi nang sua’(fu ru dong hai, shou bi nan shan)! I've just received some photos from my cousin regarding my grandpa's birthday on last year (10/11/2007). Yeah! It was my grandpa's 90 years old birthday!Unfortunately, I couldn’t manage to come back to celebrate birthday with my grandpa as I didn’t have transport to go back. Because my uncle’s whole family was sick in KL so there’re not going back to Kuantan as they didn’t want to pass their disease to others.

But it doesn’t matter because those who in Kuantan celebrated with him. I’m glad to see that he so happy! They bought a cake from secret recipe, fried noodles, fried rice and also the best sate from Satay Zul. I not really know how they celebrate my grandpa’s birthday but I still can briefly describe it.

This time is different than previous years as they only celebrate with grandpa at home. Previously, we celebrated with him in a big room of the hotel call M.S.Garden. We even sing karaoke there. After the dinner, everyone will return to my grandparents’ house to wish my grandpa and take ‘ang pau’ from him. Furthermore, I also sing 2 teow chew songs to my grandpa after reached home. The song I sing are ‘sai gue jo ni gio jo tembikai’ (why watermelon call tembikai?) and ‘ah gong deng sua lai’.

This time they only celebrated at home as my grandma in a bad condition. Early in the morning, everyone who went to my grandparents’ house had to eat noodles and eggs with sweet soup. It’s a teow chew tradition since last time. The soup is tastes sweet. At night, they only ate dinner and sang birthday song. Then, they also got wish and took ‘ang pau’ from my grandpa. Although was just a simple birthday celebration for my grandpa but he already very happy. Everyone also satisfy and very happy! =)

No comments: