Sunday, April 06, 2008

~ LasT WeeK's ToDaY ~

Last week’s today brought many changes. I still remember my cousins and I were staying awake at the living room. Because was our turn (every Friday night) to take care of my grandma. I was too sleepy so I went into the room to sleep at 2am. But two of my cousins still watching “Flood” at the living room. Once my cousin brother didn’t hear any sound from my grandma, he went to see awhile but she’s still breathing. Later, my aunty came down to see, she noticed that my grandma heart beat had stopped.

Suddenly, I was woken up by my cousin sister at around 2.30am. I was quite blur at that time and didn’t know what’s happening. So, I just woke up and walked out to the living room. Then, my aunt suddenly asked me to touch my grandma’s chest to make sure that my grandma’s heart beat had stopped. I put my hand on her chest and I really can’t feel anything which means her heart beat had stopped and died peacefully. That’s the moment many things started to change. Then, everyone started to pray for my grandma by sitting around her. We prayed 8 hours continuously and we’re not allowed to touch her in between the 8 hours.

At first, I’m still able to control my feeling but sooner or later I still burst into tears. I refresh back everything about my grandma and my tears kept like a water pipe non-stop flow out the water. Actually I was told not to cry in front of my grandma because scare that she’ll unable to let go us and go peacefully. My grandpa didn’t even know my grandma had passed away. We only told him after the 8 hours pray because scare he’ll touch my grandma after tell him. He’s so sad and angry and kept scolding us why don’t we tell him earlier. My uncles console him. He cried and went into the living room to touch my grandma before other people make up for my grandma and cover her with a cloth. After that, she was carried out and put it into a coffin and the funeral held at outside the house for 5 days.

No comments: